In the interest of transparency and open communication with our community, we would like to let the group know of some of the things the new SBS board has already taken on.
As stated previously, the board now consists of five members:
The new board has started action on the following items:
• Updating the membership list
• Revamping and scheduling more orientations in order to get new members before the Annual Meeting (to be held no later than the end of December)
• Gathering SBS documentation and records from all sources
• Updating online information such as the SBS website and Fetlife profiles and groups
• Updating IT information, including (but not limited to): cataloguing online accounts and passwords, changing old passwords, and tidying up old accounts
• Researching storage options for the SBS dungeon equipment in order to create a new “mothball” plan
• Investigating monetary accounts information, including bank, Paypal, etc etc
• Figuring out tax status and corporate status; researching what paperwork needs filing for state and federal taxes
• Investigating and discussing changes of SBS bylaws
• Laying groundwork to plan a smooth handover to a full-term board at the Annual Meeting (to be held no later than the end of December)
There is still much to do.
The new board has more meetings planned, and we’re trying to get things done as efficiently as possible.
Meanwhile, we would also like to host orientations and events while we search for a new permanent playspace.
If you have any questions—or any help to offer!—please reach out to one of us. We’ll reply as soon as we can.
Again, we appreciate your patience and support. Thank you to all our members, supporters, volunteers, and the entire Greater South Bay community.
The South Bay Spot board